Baked chicken with almonds, vegetables & dry fruits
Festive chicken Healthy and tasty recipe
- 4 chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red or green capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2 grany smith apple
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (or plain flour)
- 50g almonds
- 50g roasted chestnuts
- 50g prunes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
- Pad the dish with baking paper
- Apply the chicken in a thin layer of oil. Mix the 2 types of paprika with a teaspoon of salt and smear the chicken thighs. Lay in the mold. Bake for about 30 minutes until the chicken is browned
- Remove from the oven and pour the accumulated liquid and fat.
- Roughly chop the almonds
- Spread the chestnuts
- Scatter the almonds and chestnuts on the chicken.
2. Preparing the sauce
- - Chop the onion
- - Cut the pepper into cubes
- -Cut the apple (no need to peel) into cubes
- - Peeling garlic cloves and slicing into thin slices
- -Heat a large frying pan or sage with 3 tablespoons olive oil and steam onion until transparent
- -Add the pepper and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- -Add the flour and mix well (to prevent lumps)
- -Add the wine and water
- -Add the apples, the leftover paprika mixture and curry.
3. Preheat oven to 160 deg. cel (not turbo).
Pour the sauce over the chicken quarters in the pan (the sauce should reach 2/3 of the chicken height) and bake for about an hour.
Scatter the plums over the sauce and chicken and continue baking for about 20-30 minutes.